Board of Directors
IHI's Board of Directors takes an active leadership role in IHI programs and projects. Board meetings are held monthly, and committees meet to discuss special tasks. Several of the board members have many years of tenure on the IHI Board, which provides continuity, institutional wisdom, and a strong sense of service to the organization.
- Joseph Hughes, PresidentJoe Hughes is the owner of Joseph Hughes Construction, rated one of Oregon's fastest-growing private companies. Joe brings more than 25 years of construction experience and expertise to IHI's board.
- Jan Yocom, Treasurer/SecretaryJan Yocom is a founding board member of IHI and a former board member and chair of the Housing Authority of Portland.
- Mike WhitmarshMike Whitmarsh is a real estate broker and investor with more than 40 years of experience in investment real estate. He has been teaching courses on investment real estate at Portland Community College for 20 years and has served on IHI's board for over a decade. IHI renamed one of its downtown properties, Morrison Park, the Whitmarsh Building in honor of Mike's many years of service to the organization.
- Larry ByersLarry Byers is a principal of Byers & Hurlburt, P.C. Prior to becoming a CPA, Larry earned his MBA and was a real estate broker and active real estate salesman. He is also an owner and operator of several apartment complexes and runs his own property management company.
- Darcy VincentDarcy Vincent is the President of DDV Consulting Services, an asset and property management consulting business. She has many years of diverse experience in multifamily, commercial, and mixed-use property management, most recently as Vice President for Multifamily Housing at Norris, Beggs & Simpson. Prior to that, Darcy worked at Guardian Management, College Housing Northwest, Homestead Capital, Princeton Property Management, Columbia Housing Corporation, and Pacific Union Property Services.
- Ebony AmatoEbony is the Public Affairs Liaison for Finance and Transmission at the Bonneville Power Administration. Prior to joining the BPA, Ebony worked at Homestead Capital and Wells Fargo Bank and has extensive experience in the affordable housing industry. Ebony has also served as an adjunct professor at Warner Pacific College, teaching Business Management, Management Theory, Accounting, and Finance. Ebony holds a BA in Information Systems, an MBA in Organizational Management, and a PhD in Executive Management.