The Clifford Apartments
IHI completed its historic renovation of The Clifford Apartments in SE Portland in December 2010. The Clifford was constructed in 1911 and holds a mix of Single Room Occupancy (SRO) units and studio apartments, along with four ground floor commercial spaces. IHI made improvements to residential units, implemented new energy efficiency measures, created new community space and offices for supportive services, made ADA access improvements, installed new windows, reconstructed and seismically reinforced the roof, tuck pointed exterior brick, and added a new entrance canopy and lighting. We also returned the building to its original configuration, increasing the unit count from 83 to 88. The building celebrated its 100th birthday and grand re-opening in January 2011, welcoming home residents who now enjoy a beautifully renovated space along with a rich array of services.