IHI's Portland Properties
Since 1991 Innovative Housing has developed twelve projects that provide 844 affordable rental units to residents of the Portland metropolitan area. Click here for information about renting an affordable apartment.
- Modern Rich Apartments, Old Town [View]Renovated in 2012, the Modern Rich Apartments blend historic charm with modern amenities and urban studio living. Located in Old Town, a block from MAX and in the heart of the Entertainment District, the Modern Rich Apartments offer 34 studio apartments surrounding an open courtyard.
- Broadway Vantage Apartments, NE Portland [View]Built in 2008, Broadway Vantage Apartments is a multifamily apartment complex located one block from the NE 82nd Ave MAX Station. Spacious studio, one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom apartments offer dishwashers and washer/dryers in the units. There is an onsite children's play area and a Creative Minds Learning Center daycare shares the groundfloor.
- Lyndon Musolf Manor, Downtown Portland [View]Formerly the Foster Hotel, this was IHI's first tax credit project and was completed in 1991. Renamed Lyndon Musolf Manor in 1998 in honor of IHI's founding Board President, this historic hotel provides 95 studio apartments for elderly and disabled individuals with very low incomes. All units are furnished and have their own kitchens and bathrooms. IHI completed a major historic rehabilitation and seismic upgrade to the building in 2008.
- Village Square, Gresham [View]Village Square is a 72-unit family apartment complex offers two- and three-bedroom units, a swimming pool, community room, and play areas for children.
- Hewitt Place, Troutdale [View]Renovated in 2010, Hewitt Place is a 44-unit family complex that offers one 1-bedroom unit and 43 three-bedroom units. Each unit has a full kitchen, living room, dining room, garage, washer/dryer set, and patio with yard. There are play areas for children, and Mt. Hood Community College is just across SE Stark Street.
- Morrison Park Apts. in the Whitmarsh Building, Downtown Portland [View]Morrison Park is a beautifully restored historic hotel with 60 apartments (mostly studios, each with their own kitchen and bathroom) located in the heart of downtown on the MAX light rail line. The building houses a Portland Community College classroom in the basement.
- Kinnaman Townhomes, Aloha [View]Kinnaman Townhomes provides 40 two- and three-bedroom townhome-style apartments for families. There are backyard patios and play areas for children, and reduced-fee day care is available on-site.
- Center Commons, NE Portland [View]A five-acre showcase of mixed-income, transit-oriented urban development, Center Commons includes 172 units of housing for seniors, 56 market-rate apartments, and 60 apartments for families. This development is within walking distance of a MAX light rail line and has on-site day care options as well as a play area for children.
- The Clifford, SE Portland [View]Built in 1911 and renovated by Innovative Housing in 2010, the Clifford is an historic 88-unit building with a mix of Single Resident Occupancy (SRO) units, studios, and one-bedroom apartments. The one-bedroom and studio units have private bathrooms and kitchenettes. On-site laundry and secure storage units are available. The Clifford is conveniently located just across the river from downtown Portland and is easily accessible by bus.
- Springtree Apartments, SE Portland [View]Extensively renovated in 2000, Springtree offers 72 one- and two-bedroom apartments for low-income families, plus a swimming pool.
- Garden Park Apartments, Gresham [View]Renovated in 2002, Garden Park has 63 two-bedroom apartments for low-income families, with play areas for children.